Canadian lawyers’ associations say the Liberal government’s new impaired driving offences could lead to “significant strain” on the immigration system and at the border from increases in deportations, inadmissibility, appeals and administrative burden. The new ten-year maximum penalty provisions in Bill C-46 bring impaired driving offences under ‘serious criminality’ in Canadian law. That means just […]
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.
- COURTROOM EXPERIENCE MATTERS – Veteran judges say young lawyers lack mentoring, courtroom experience