- MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION – So much is uncertain. What will happen to the present dispensaries? Will they disappear after legalization?
- POTHOLES – “How can you have people found guilty when they are not impaired?” “Unlike alcohol, there are no proven links between THC blood levels and impairment.” “There is also the question of medicinal users, who would typically have elevated THC levels most or all of the time and many veteran dope smokers would be able to drive with undiminished skills at the rookie THC levels proscribed by C-46 because of their body’s greater tolerance.”
- AND NOW THE BRAMPTON COURT – It’s not only the College Park courthouse that is under pressure but also the Brampton Courthouse has problems with drug cases being tried on time…claimed to be lack of resources. “We have a retention problem because our salaries and working conditions are unfavourable compared to our counterparts,” said Ursula Hendel, president of the Association of Justice Counsel, referring to provincial Crown attorneys, who prosecute the bulk of criminal offences in Ontario.”
- SO YOU WANT TO BE AN ASSISTANT CROWN ATTORNEY? – The working conditions for Crowns sound to be even worse than that of Duty Counsel.
- THE CLOSURE OF BACKPAGES.COM – There are mixed reactions. The reactions over Backpage generally boil down to two camps: Those who believe prostitution should be illegal and those who don’t. To sex workers across the U.S. and Canada, Backpage’s demise meant the end of safeguards and a reliable revenue stream in a profession that’s not going anywhere. How is YRP going to continue to pretend to be 14-year-old prostitutes now? Craigslist? Kijiji? Eros?