Let’s be clear that there never were any underage girls involved. Police placed ads pretending to be an adult female prostitute. Once contact was made the police officer pretended he was younger than 18. Most of those charged were not specifically looking for an underage prostitute. That’s why it’s called a “sting”. What confuses the issue is that the age of consent is 16 unless you’re a prostitute then you cannot consent until you’re 18.
- IT’S ALL OVER BUT SETTING THE DATE – Both the House of Commons and the Senate approved the Cannabis Act. Legal sales are likely to begin before the end of summer.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.