Acting on numerous complaints 72 people (mainly men) were arrested last Friday and charged with gross indecency and engaging in sexual activity in Marie Curtis Park. It is being decried as the homophobic old school morality. Are they suggesting that the police would not similarly act on numerous complaints of heterosexual gross indecency and sexual activity in public at all times of the day?
- So this guy got charged. “Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed video of the June 14 incident, and on Friday approved two felony hate crime charges against Timothy Trybus, 62. For first offenders, a felony hate crime in Illinois can result in a prison term of one to three years and a fine of up to $25,000.” Is that overkill or if “Hate crimes have increased at an alarming rate over the past year,” is it necessary? “There should be consequences. People have to learn there are consequences, especially in the era of Trump,” Gutierrez told the Chicago Tribune. “I really do believe there are people who say to themselves, ‘If Trump can do it, I can do it. Why can’t I go out there and say the things the president says?’”
- BIG COSTS FOR THE BIG SHOTS –> GoFundMe
- R. v. Duncan = CREATIVE JUDICIAL WRITING – Entertaining prose. I enjoyed the appended notes to the text. “You should get out of town”, the man said. And so began the journey that resulted in my path intersecting with Matthew Duncan’s path. And thence to these reasons, with a slight detour through territory that might have confused Lewis Carroll.”
- The new Canadian Judicial Council Judicial Education website. http://judicialeducation.cjc-ccm.ca/
- WHAT DO THEY TEACH AT “JUDGES SCHOOL”? – Find out here.