CROWN’S CROSS-EXAMINATION LEADS TO RETRIAL – I believe this may be the third case recently. It’s what happens when it’s forgotten that “Crown counsel have an obligation not simply to secure convictions but to ensure that justice is done, and so they are rightly held to a high standard of conduct,”. A FAIR trial is the hallmark of a proper prosecution.
- IT’S ALL OVER BUT SETTING THE DATE – Both the House of Commons and the Senate approved the Cannabis Act. Legal sales are likely to begin before the end of summer.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.