There is so much in this world and in human behaviour that I don’t understand I find my brain almost constantly firing off the inquiry “WHAT????”. (This is also the case with a lot of court judgments.) The problem is often found in the media sensationalizing things by skewing, spinning, withholding or misleading the facts to increase viewership and thereby profits. When you go to the source to get the full story understanding (although not necessarily agreement) usually follows.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.
- COURTROOM EXPERIENCE MATTERS – Veteran judges say young lawyers lack mentoring, courtroom experience