– Although you can feel it kick and hear it’s heart beat and watch it develop, our law says that “a child becomes a human being when it has completely proceeded in a living state from the body of it’s mother”. Our society has adopted this value to be able to say abortions are not murder. As a result, killing an unborn child by other means is likewise not killing a human being and is therefore also not murder. We can’t have it both ways. Once we make these value judgments we have to live with the consequences as illogical, offensive and painful as they are.
- IT’S ALL OVER BUT SETTING THE DATE – Both the House of Commons and the Senate approved the Cannabis Act. Legal sales are likely to begin before the end of summer.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.