BOATING UNDER THE INFLUENCE – Did you know? Impaired (or over 80) boat or vessel operation carries the same penalties as if you were operating a car or truck? If you are convicted of impaired boating you will lose your motor vehicle license and will be prohibited from driving a motor vehicle anywhere in Canada for at least the mandatory minimum period of 1 year. The OPP are on the waters. Boat safely this summer.
- IT’S ALL OVER BUT SETTING THE DATE – Both the House of Commons and the Senate approved the Cannabis Act. Legal sales are likely to begin before the end of summer.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.