If you were a customer of Ashley Madison and the confidential information which had been hacked was your name or identity and sexual preferences, would you really want to add your name to a class action suit? And what about damages? “Even if a class action is launched, it’s difficult in privacy cases to assess what the damages are, particularly where they’re not financial in nature.” What exactly are you going to claim are your damages? Loss of spousal affection? Divorce? Is that really Ashley Madison’s fault? Good questions, eh?
- IT’S ALL OVER BUT SETTING THE DATE – Both the House of Commons and the Senate approved the Cannabis Act. Legal sales are likely to begin before the end of summer.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.