What police forces enter on CPIC and reveal to American customs officers and on PRCs to employers has and continues to cause a lot of problems. “Some police routinely disclose non-conviction information (e.g. acquittals and withdrawn charges) and non-criminal information (e.g. mental health incidents). These disclosures can unfairly affect an individual’s employment and volunteer opportunities.” See what the Information and Privacy Commissioner (pages 8-10) has to say. A court challenge is pending and our Premier has promised to address this issue with legislation – the sooner the better.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.
- COURTROOM EXPERIENCE MATTERS – Veteran judges say young lawyers lack mentoring, courtroom experience