“I think one of the great gifts that the study of law provides is that one is trained to suspend judgment. We start with a wicked cynicism but learn to put off taking a decided view. Things are never what they seem at first.” Marie Henein “Tough Crimes” This is the very trait that often sets us apart and which people have difficulty in understanding about lawyers.
- IT’S ALL OVER BUT SETTING THE DATE – Both the House of Commons and the Senate approved the Cannabis Act. Legal sales are likely to begin before the end of summer.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.