We now routinely have police dash cams, in cruiser cams and police station surveillance cams. They all serve to resolve a great number of criminal trial issues. In addition, police body cams can only enhance and improve the interaction between police and citizens while saving a lot of charges and court time.
- 4-20 Be careful out there!
- ONE PROBLEM WITH THE PROPOSED QUASI-DECRIMINALIZATION OF MARIJUANA IS THAT IT CONTINUES RACIAL DISPARITY
- 4-20 —> APRIL 20 – This may be the last day for illegal 4-20 celebrations. ” April 20 has long been a day to celebrate cannabis and the culture that surrounds it. In cities such as Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver, pot enthusiasts gather by the thousands in public squares, defying the authorities.”
- THIS IS NOT LEGALIZATION – Possession of small amounts for personal use is all that will not be illegal. For everything else, the penalties will be stricter as the government tries to muscle its way into the industry. “Canadians already know where to get cannabis, and they will continue to obtain it the same ways they always have.”
- INCREASING MAXIMUM SENTENCES – So the government plans to keep more cases in the lower court by increasing the maximum penalty for ‘less serious’ offences to 2 years less a day (which is served in provincial institutions). I don’t know about you but when I think about what that would mean to me if I was sentenced to two years less a day in jail, I’m confident I’d consider it pretty serious.