It’s difficult to understand why a Prime Minister who is so devoted to making the criminal justice system jail more people would fail to staff it with sufficient judges to ensure that takes place. Is it disdain for lawyers and judges? Is it that he has no loyal lawyers in his ranks to appoint? The result is a return to crippling delays in criminal trials, civil case resolutions and family court settlements. It hurts everybody.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.
- COURTROOM EXPERIENCE MATTERS – Veteran judges say young lawyers lack mentoring, courtroom experience