There are two major problems with this case. One is an accused who is of such bad character that you’d want to convict him just because. Two is a lawyer who doesn’t know what he’s doing. “What the jury didn’t hear, however, was the tongue-lashing which the judge delivered to Thakore in their absence over the content of his submissions, an error-riddled alternate narrative that misrepresented evidence and misquoted testimony. At one point, the blundering Thakore even referred to his client as Mr. Lorazepam, a most unfortunate misspeak.” I see an appeal coming.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.
- COURTROOM EXPERIENCE MATTERS – Veteran judges say young lawyers lack mentoring, courtroom experience