We have judges to pass judgement and sentence upon those who have broken the law AND to protect all of us by controlling the excessive and unjust use of governmental authority and power. By removing power from judges through the use of mandatory minimum sentences and orders and handing the decision making ability to prosecutors the federal government is negating the second function. We will end up as the U.S. finds itself that “There is an epidemic of prosecutorial misconduct abroad in the land. Only judges can put a stop to it.” but our judges will no longer have the power to do so.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.
- COURTROOM EXPERIENCE MATTERS – Veteran judges say young lawyers lack mentoring, courtroom experience