Assuming that the function of police is to play a role in community affairs or to resolve a family dispute is often a mistake. The idea that the police are always at your beck and call is the basis for the 911 system – but it doesn’t always work. When you call the police remember what the police do – arrest people – and you risk the possibility of the use of deadly force. 911 is an emergency resource. Use it sparingly and use it correctly.
- After being disengaged with the poor cousin, Legal Aid, for so long, the Law Society of Ontario says they’re stepping up to the plate. We’ll wait and see what that really means.
- POLYAMORY. WHAT IS IT AND IS IT ILLEGAL? And what about bigamy or polygamy? And what about swinging?
- NIGERIAN BASED BEC SCAMS – Nigerian email rackets predictably target individuals, especially vulnerable populations like the elderly, but they also increasingly generate cash from a type of fraud called business email compromise, which fleeces companies of all sizes.
- BEC – BUSINESS E-MAIL COMPROMISE Be aware of what it is and be suspicious.
- COURTROOM EXPERIENCE MATTERS – Veteran judges say young lawyers lack mentoring, courtroom experience